Tuesday 8 July 2014

Mexican Bolognese

As I write this I am sitting on the couch at my In-laws' beach house, with my sick 2 year old cuddling me. It really doesn't get much better than this! 
And here is my view

It has been a long while since my last post- I had baby number four in February, a girl called Minnie, and things have been a little bit busy since then! 

As things get easier I will be able to post more- and have I got some good recipes to post! 

Today's recipe is a super easy bolognese, with Mexican flavours- not a sprinkle of oregano in sight!

I get my burrito seasoning from the burrito kits in Aldi. I use the salsa for burgers, the tortillas for Mexican wraps, and the seasoning on anything, really. I use barely any, so one packet lasts me a couple of recipes.

Ingredients;
1 pack Linda McCartney's mince
1  large onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 large carrot, grated
2 cans crushed tomatoes
8 button mushrooms diced
2 cups (roughly) of veg stock
Burrito seasoning to taste (I used about 1 tbsp)
Sea salt to taste 

1-2 packs of your favourite pasta, depending on how many people you are feeding. The bolognese will feed about 6 people, possibly with leftovers. 

Method:

Boil a large pot of water for the pasta, meanwhile-

Pour a small amount of stock in a large pan, add onion and garlic, and sauté until onion is soft, and mushrooms and carrot and a splash more of the stock and sauté  for about 5 minutes. 

Add pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook until al dente.

Add the mince, tomatoes, seasoning, and remaining stock to the pan and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly, and adding more stock if the mixture dries out. 

Pour bolognese over cooked pasta and serve immediately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment