Thursday 4 April 2013

Dahl for my Darls

I love Indian food, but unfortunately my kids don't like the spice! So I have found a middle ground with this Dahl.
The kids love it, because it is mild and tasty, and I love it because I can add more curry powder to my bowl, before I eat it!

Ingredients:
I onion, diced
I clove garlic, crushed
5 or so carrots, peeled and grated
I cup of whole red lentils, washed
1 tbsp or so of mild curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp or so of soy sauce (trust me)
2 level tsp vegetable stock
1 or 2 pinches of dulse flakes (optional)

Method:
In a large pot or Dutch oven (my favourite to cook with) sauté the onion and garlic in some olive oil until onion is soft. Add the carrots, and lentils and cover with about a litre of water ( you may need to add more later). Bring to the boil.
Lower the heat, and add the spices etc, and simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until the lentils are soft and cooked. Feel free to adjust the amount of spices depending on how hot you like your Dahl.
Add a dollop of Tofutti's Sour Supreme to garnish, and serve. Enjoy!
Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment