Thursday 10 October 2013

Creamy potato and broccoli soup

I may not be the best cook in the world, or even in my street, but there is one thing that I know I'm really good at - soup! 
There is nothing better than a hot creamy vegetable soup on a chilly day, and this one is really going to hit the spot!
My kids love this, because it is so thick, and when I give them home made bread and butter to dip into the soup, they eat every bite! 

Ingredients:
Olive oil
2 large organic onions, sliced
1 clove of crushed garlic
Water
10 medium organic potatoes, peeled, and cut into large pieces
1 can of coconut cream
Turmeric
Mild curry powder
Massell brand chicken stock (it's vegan)
Vegetable stock
1 head and stalk of organic broccoli, cut into pieces

Method:
 Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil, until it is soft, and almost brown, then, add the potatoes and enough water to cover them. 
Boil them for about 20-25 minutes, and then add the coconut cream, stocks and spices. The amount of stock and spices you add will depend on your taste - I added about 1 tsp of turmeric, 1/2 tsp of curry powder, and 1tbsp of each stock.
Simmer for about 5 minutes, then add the broccoli and boil for another 10 minutes.
When you blend the soup, you will have to add extra water, as it will be quite thick. 

Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment