Monday 17 November 2014

Busy Mama's enchiladas


Becoming additive free means so much cooking, that by the time it comes to my meal, I can't be bothered cooking anymore! I just want something for lunch that I can whip together. 

These enchiladas are spicy, and tasty and filling. They are perfect for grabbing a quick lunch that it still nutritious. 

I prepare the enchilada mixture on the weekend, and keep it in a container in the fridge, and assemble the enchilada and cook it when I am hungry. It is as quick as making a toasted cheese sandwich! 

**please note that the mission tortillas contain preservative 282, I am still searching for a tortilla that is safe**

2 cans of kidney beans, drained 
1 jar of Aldi salsa
Rice crumbs (or your own homemade bread crumbs)
2 tablespoons nutrional yeast (you can get this from your local health food shop)
Mission whole meal tortillas
Spinach leaves

*for best results prepare the enchilada mixture the day before.

Mash in a bowl the kidney beans, then add the jar of salsa and nutritional yeast. Stir in about a tablespoon of rice crumbs to dry the mixture out a bit.
Assemble the enchilada as follows:
Place in a snap lock bag to take to work if you like, 
And grill in your sandwich press when you are ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment